Jeff Waugh wrote:

<quote who="Mike MacCana">

Jeff, I'm a little dissappointed: I was hoping to chat with a cool guy who
does interesting stuff you about the similar major attributes of the
distributions

blah blah passive aggressive blah blah

Actually I was being serious. And trying to be pleasant. Just cause the other guy wants to have an argument with you doesn't mean I do. If I was being aggressive, I'd be more of the active kind.

Be nice. I am. :^)

rather than get into a pissing contest about how many disks are required.

Where "pissing contest" for you and Matt may mean "ignore point, repeat". I
pointed out a point of difference (which didn't seem to be understood).

I understand your wanting to have the packages for a server install that's not minimal on the first disc, I have responded with the fact that not filling the first disc allows RH to add errata and drivers to the install program, which is useful. Some people want a lot of software on CD. That way they can carry it round with them (personally I think the world needs DVD burners). But when updates come out, they don't want their however many ISOS to suddenly become useless.

Ubuntu doesn't do CD re-releases (so far),

and if we did, it'd still be...
one CD. *da-da*! :-)

Great. My mate doesn't have a fast ADSL connection. Does it have a multi CD version I can download and pass to him?

If so, do you think, three years down the track on the same stable release, it's be nice if he could use most of those CDs to do another install and still be relatively up to date, out of the box, with errata and updated drivers for all the storage devices he's likely to use?

Mike