O Plameras wrote:

I use MIT kerberos, so far. I am toying with the idea of also testing Heimdal. I
think MIT kerberos is 3DES configured by default, but I have'nt checked. You
can checked that when you have time. I believe that it will be useful if you check,

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1510.txt

because as always only snippets of what I know about kerberos I can say. But
RFC1510 spells out comprehensive specifications about kerberos and I do not
pretend to be expert in these things. I just say what needs to be said IMHO
and I leave the rest to the readers and not ME to make judgements for them.

I meant to include this enhancements to RFC1510:

http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications/