On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 07:25:54PM +1300, Adam Bogacki wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to configure /etc/dhcpd in order to set up a two machine
> home network using LTSP.
> The P1 client boots with etherboot but I can't start dhcpd.
> Below is my my most recent config attempt, together with the current
> error message when I try to start dhcpd.
> My DNS is 203.79.110.81 and the server IP used in successful Win config
> is 192.168.0.1

> >No subnet declaration for start (0.0.0.0).
> >Please write a subnet declaration in your dhcpd.conf file for the
> >network segment to which interface start is attached.

Show the the output of 'ipconfig -a', and what exact command line (you may
have to dig through your startup scripts) you're using to start dhcpd.  If
you can't work out how exactly dhcpd is being started, write back with
distro, version, etc, and more help will be provided.

I suspect that you have an active interface called 'start' which doesn't
have an IP address, but which dhcpd is being told to listen on.  But let's
see whether the above data helps decide that.

- Matt