All,

After using RH for just over a year, I am heading back to
my pref distro - slackware v10. From the moment the computer
booted off the install cd, it was familiar territory and
I was in control. (Prior to RH, I was on slack 7)

Getting to the point: after a 1st go successful install, I fired up
X using 'startx'. It came up nicely - including the mouse pointer.
Upon moving the mouse, the pointer took a rapid exit (to
top right of screen) ... never to be seen again !!! I am not
too worried about it right now - but any suggestions will
be welcome ?? (It is a 2 button el-cheapo mouse connecting to
first serial port (com1 in dos terminology)).

The PC has win2K and RH8. Boots into grub from where I select
which one of these to use. (There is separate /boot partition
from which RH8 boots from).

For the fear of trashing the system, I didn't install lilo
therefore slack boots from floppy.

Can I use grub to boot into slackware ? If so, how to do that ?

Thanking you all in anticipation.

Regards,
Rajnish