Hi all,

Trying to set up my mail using evolution (debian unstable) - various
reasons including work shifting to groupwise, and nice palm syncing for
the address book.

I read mail from an imap server and have my ISP's smtp server set as the
outgoing server.  When I send mail, however, I get blocked by the
MAPS(?) service "refused by blackhole site yada yada yada".  Have
contacted the support people there who point out that this is because my
mail appears to come from a dynamic IP address, hence the blocking.
Conclusion - it must be a setup problem on my box.

I can send mail from mutt, and have set up exim (using dpkg-reconfigure
exim) as option 2 (the dialup system) with the ISPs server as the
outgoing mail machine.

When I set up evolution at work, using the uni's outgoing mail server, I
have no problem.

Any ideas?  Something stupid and simple I've missed I'm positive.

Denis Crowdy

--
Department of Contemporary Music Studies
Macquarie University