Hi all,

I just signed up to this ML after doing a search on Linux internet banking
support in Australia.

I am currently with St George and like in the post dated 23 Oct 2004 I cannot
use it with Linux.

Several months ago I did raise this issue with St George. I noted that it
really takes quite an effort to make a Java application platform dependant. I
got the typical "we don't support it" response. I mailed support with a
request that they should honour the non-Windows non-Mac users. The responder
promised passing on the information to the developers, which quite frankly I
am sure achieved nothing.

It always has been the case that one voice achieves nothing but perhaps a more
concentrated request from a group of linux users may bring some attention to
this problem. Without industry-wide acceptance of Linux as a 'real' operating
system, it will fail to attract many users.

In the meantime, can anyone recommend a bank that does offer true unlimited
internet banking experience? It's sad since I quite like St George and have
been with them for years but if they insist on being unreasonable then I will
not hesitate giving them the flick.

Cheers,

Marek Wawrzyczny