Are you sure it is rejecting the source port? From reading the doc the
default should be that it accepts from any port. Have you checked NTP
version support - I imagine the FC3 ntpd is by default version 4 and
hence your older clients may not support that. Try setting version 3 or
2 in the config.

If you really think you that it is rejecting the non-123 packets then I
guess you could possibly use NAT/masquerading on the server for those
specific hosts.

Martin Visser ,CISSP
Network and Security Consultant
Consulting & Integration
Technology Solutions Group - HP Services

3 Richardson Place
North Ryde, Sydney NSW 2113, Australia

Phone: +61-2-9022-1670
Mobile: +61-411-254-513