On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:55 am, Terry Collins wrote:
> James Gray wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > The sales guys have asked me a question.  What commercially
> > "recognisable" software is available AND supported on Linux.
>
> I hope you didn't waste your time even considering that question.
> Oh wait, you've posted here. Bad call.

I know.  I basically said to them that sales research is not part of my job
about a week ago.  Unfortunately they went to my boss, who asked me to help
them as a favour to him.  Hence the reason I out-sourced the research :P

> Try asking them why, what, who, how, when ,etc.
> i.e. get some real working parameters and find out what they really
> want.
> Oh and how much they are prepared to pay.
> Only then can you produce meaningful answers.

Agreed.  Everything they have specified I put in the original message.  It's
obtuse and vague; like most sales people.  They'll get what they pay for -
trust me.  I'll give them any suggestions from SLUG and from some other
sources, the rest is up to them (which is why publisers' websites are good
for this little exercise - puts the onus back on the sales guys).

> --
>    Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au  www:
> http://www.woa.com.au
>    Wombat Outdoor Adventures <Bicycles, Computers, GIS, Printing,
> Publishing>
>
>  "People without trees are like fish without clean water"
James
--
Love is sentimental measles.