On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 10:50:57AM +1100, Howard Lowndes wrote:
> I need to run some old PHP 3 scripts <scriptname>.php3 on an Apache box.
>
> What directive do I need to use to get Apache to know that files ending
> in .php3 are PHP scripts.

The same one you use to get apache to know that files ending in .php are PHP
scripts.  <grin>

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3

That is, of course, assuming that you want the default PHP handler (probably
PHP4) to run your .php3 scripts.  Otherwise, you'll need to load the PHP3
module or CGI and use

AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3

And ensure that mime type is bound to the PHP3 module/CGI handler.

It's easier just to make sure the script runs in PHP4 and run it in there
(and you can even strip the .php3 off them and this whole problem becomes
moot).

- Matt

--
And Jesus said unto them, "And whom do you say that I am?"  They replied,
"You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the