Hi

I've googled the wee-smalls.
I've asked SuSE support who said "Go Hops, this is not a free
installation question", just like google said they would.
So in desperation ...

I have SuSE 9.2 pro installed (9.1 was the same)
SquirrelMail, Evolution POPing wont work.

Reason is that SuSE have disabled plain-text-passwords in pop and imap
daemons. I proved this by compiling RH9 src rpm, installing imapd, pop3d
and all is well.

The only nagging wurry is sending plaintest from all around the world
for SquirrelMail (yes! I do)

So can anybody enlighten me as to what one ought to be doing to get this
working. I use evolution locally as a secondry mailer for attachments
with POP, shock-horror-gasp I use elm, without meta-mail as the main
mailer, and IMAP for SquirrelMail.

Thanks
James