Please tell me now if I am wasting my time but..
I have an old pentium 166Mhz , 64MB Ram, 40GB HD and I want to learn a bit
about Linux and set up a web server.
A)do I have a chance or will I need to give up my day job?
B)where is a good resource for instructions for the total novice?

I have bluffed my way through installing Debian (using a boot floppy and my
internet connection)but there is no gui and I am not familiar with Unix
commands
1) any suggestions for where I go next
2) Is there a good gui for debian that will not grind my machine to a halt
3) Any suggestions for reliable and lite web and mailserver software

Thanks
Mark