Hi Luke,

A few comments:

a) RH 9 is now about 2 years old, and is definitely unsupported by now
(by RH). Those patches you are referring to are probably a year old... I
think that even the Fedora Legacy project may have given up on RH9. I
will leave it to you to check... many people have moved on.

b) The patches you are downloading are binary, not source, so the
comments are already removed :-)

(This begs the question, why donīt they distribute binary patches
instead of making you download the whole program again. I donīt have an
answer to this... every now and then I hear that someone is working on
it.)

c) not many people use up2date any more. Check out yum or apt instead
(see http://www.atrpms.net/install.html for an overview of why this is
better).

Regarding where you can get CDs for updates, Iīve bought CDs from
www.linuxcd.org (really cheap). I have also bought CDs from Netcraft
Australia in the past (http://www.netcraft.com.au/linux/ordering.php ),
which came with the updates already included in the base install.
However, I donīt know if they still do this. Also, their latest
offerings seem to be a bit old.

Linux updates is one of the reasons that tipped me to go to ADSL... see
www.exetel.com.au for lowest prices I found. Now I can just update
without worrying about it.

Ben.