For my 2c have you looked at Gambas.. Its very VB like in nature and and open source
and free and has a nice IDE. As of last week Gambas went 1.01 stable so its worht a look.

http://gambas.sourceforge.net

There is also Monobasic the Ximian open source version of VB.NET..

Still not quite finished but worth a mention..

http://www.go-mono.com/mbas.html