Mary Gardiner wrote:

> While it still seems like the volunteer possibility is far better than
> WftD for this because people would choose it, there's possibly more
> Newstart recipients with useful skills in the non-coding activities who
> would benefit from the arrangement.

I detect a misunderstanding. Correct me if I am wrong.

AFAIK, all the mutual obligation activities (education, community, wftd,
etc) are available to Newstart (dole) recipients. Sometimes they just
have to be aware of the other options and push for them. Hint; I am told
the phrase "who do I need to write the appeal to to be able to do ...."
often motivates job network provider employeee to "educate" themselves.
{:-).

--
   Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au  www:
http://www.woa.com.au