<quote who="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">

> For me: user c and d don't know, and don't want to know computer stuff.

> I contend that <ctrl><alt>F3 is simpler than any mouse-menu-option.

These statements are not entirely congruent. See the direct manipulation
benefits of Mac OS X's version of this, and then find out if your *real*
users think abstract key commands are simpler. :-)

> This is a way, if you like it, use it, if you don't ditch it. Even more so
> as c, d use kde, and gnome, a and b use icewm.

(You can log into anything via GDM. It's just a display manager.)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   "The Motif interface, with chunkier controls, felt more like a ghetto
                           blaster." - Liam Quin