Hi

Which model of Lexmark do you have? Which distro of Linux are you
running? It's possible that your distro is configured properly and
thats why you're having problems...

As for compatible laser printers, I have an HP Laserjet and that works
just fine. IIRC HP open-sourced their drivers so have pretty good
support.

You may want to check out: http://www.linuxprinting.org/ to see what
printers you are interested in and their level of support. I'd check
out your Lexmark there too...

Rob.

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 21:39:13 +1100, Russell Hudson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I found your details on a web search of Linux.  I am hoping you can help
> me with this query - I've just had Linux installed on my home computer
> and am looking for a compatible printer.  I have a Lexmark printer
> currently installed but it does not work well with Linux.
>
> Can you advise on a make of printer that is compatible with the Linux
> operating system, or even a particular model of mono laser printer,
> hopefully for less than $350?
>
> Thanks for any advice you can give.
>
> Russell Hudson
>
> --