I want to set up a really simple wiki for internal use and I looked at
the debian archives and there are a huge number of wiki's.  The thing is
which should I use?

Requirements are:

Secure, sign on required but really easy to set up.
Email notification of changes to remote smtp
Ability to lock page updates to a group of people

I like the sound of...

kwiki - A Quickie Wiki that's not too Tricky

I know this from www.communitycode.org

moin - MoinMoin - a Python clone of WikiWiki

Others are:

aswiki - WikiWikiWeb clone (Wiki Engine) written in Ruby
hiki - Wiki Engine written in Ruby
moniwiki - MoniWiki is yet another WikiEngine written in PHP
phpwiki - An informal collaborative website manager
twiki - A Web Based Collaboration Platform
usemod-wiki - Perl-based Wiki clone
wiliki - Yet another Wiki clone written in Scheme
zope-zwiki - implentation of WikiWikiWeb for Zope
jspwiki - WikiWikiWeb clone written in Java

--
Ken Foskey
OpenOffice.org developer