On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 23:23 +1100, Voytek wrote:
> <quote who="Ken Foskey">
> > On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 11:14 +1100, Voytek wrote:
> >> anyone familar with catdoc ?
>
> > Unashamed plug.  Look at OpenOffice.org it can convert the documents on
> > the fly for web presentment.  I have not followed how but it would be on
> > the http://api.openoffice.org or http://udk.openoffice.org lists
> > somewhere.
>
> I only have ssh access, I presume OpenOffice implies more than command line ?

YOu can run OOo in a socket mode and run macros that convert the
documents on the fly to PDF or html which is pushed out to the web
browser.  It is done on the remote machine and presented on the web.
How exactly I do not know, just that it has been done successfully.

--
Ken Foskey
OpenOffice.org developer