pesoy misak wrote:

Dear slugger

I am installing my windows XP box that saves the
profiles to my linux server box that running samba.

I changed the setting from console management for the
users to use roaming profiles and set the path to the
\\mandrake\profiles\users. ok all is well. after
relogin to the computer again the error message
appears

âWindows did not load your roaming profile and is
attempting to log you on with your local profile.
Changes to the profile will not be copied to the
server when you logoff. Windows did not load your
profile because a server copy of the profile folder
already exists that does not have the correct
security. Either the current user or the
Administrator's group must be the owner of the folder.
Contact your network administrator. â

it seems like the local computers doesnât want to copy
to samba servers any idea to solve this problem

many thanks in advance

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Does your samba share that contains the user profiles have correct access privelages ?