David Guest wrote:
Is operating system vilification permited under the NSW anti-vilification laws?
http://smh.com.au/articles/2005/02/14/1108229893549.html

Really, someone should take the IT section of SMH to task over this sort of crap.

Yep. Looks to me like the Linux-bashing is mainly to hide the obvious question -- what sort of IT strategy leads to that sort of huge mess in the first place? Or was there no IT strategy.

You get the feeling that any reasonable clean-up of the
mess would have resulted in a sane outcome, no matter
if the mechanism was predominantly Windows, Linux or
Solaris.  Especially since replacing their Exchange e-mail
server with a (presumably more sanely configured) Exchange
e-mail server lead to greater reliability.

I particularly liked the well-known problem with Windows
printer drivers under Citrix being unstable being
described as a Linux problem :-)  Shows a complete lack
of understanding of the problem.  Ironically, running
the open source CUPS printing system is one of the neatest
ways out of that particular problem.

Cheers,
Glen