>From my dim past assuming you have the the correct Imakefile then
"xmkmf" was the correct incantation to create the Makefile.

If you want samples of "raw" X programming then you probably should dig
up sources for "classics" like xeyes, xclock or even xterm. I think that
http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/X11/contrib/applications/ has a lot of
these I would imagine they pretty follow the lines of X, X toolkit, X
intrinsics, etc. (I really feel like I'm an archaeologist digging up
these old bones - having hobby hacked with Perl, Gtk+ and Java over the
last years I really thought that any braincells devoted to the old X
stuff should well and truly gone on vacation :-)

Martin

Martin Visser ,CISSP
Network and Security Consultant
Consulting & Integration
Technology Solutions Group - HP Services

3 Richardson Place
North Ryde, Sydney NSW 2113, Australia

Phone: +61-2-9022-1670
Mobile: +61-411-254-513
Fax: +61-2-9022-1800
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is
confidential, proprietary or privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify HP immediately by return email and then delete
the email, destroy any printed copy and do not disclose or use the
information in it.