On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Taryn East wrote:

> out of curiosity - is there anyting specific to support younger people?
>
> Mainly becuase my BF's son (16) is getting interested in this stuff and
> was wondering where a good place to point him would be. I was thinking
> of dragging him along to SLUGlets to start with but was wondering if
> there's anything special set up.

There was somebody who came along to a meeting once with their son and
wanted to start something like this I think last year or the year before.
I'd be cool with getting something like a monthly event happening. I think
UTS while great, just has the wrong atmosphere for it.
Target audience - kids under 16
Focus: How to use the desktop, games, irc, instant messaging, multimedia,
how to do homework on it. Some simple programming perhaps (anyone got
Logo?)

--
** ROOM FOR RENT $120pw (neg) near Newington Shops 525/401 buses **