On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 01:01:01PM +1100, Stuart Hall wrote:
> I have just been installing Debian on an IBM 300GL PC with an embedded
> Crystal/Cirrus cs89x0 ethernet adapter (which is a supported adapter).  It

I installed linux on one these things when they first came out
and amazed the mainframe guys at work with a live demo of the linux
kernels awesome dynamic modules.

Now this probably won't help you, but I remember some magic that
I had to use with insmod/modprobe; I specified the iobase as one _more_
than the actual; i.e. insmod cs89x0.o iobase=0x301  (not 300)

Like I say it may well not work as the world of linux and ethernet
has moved on a LOT since 1998, but there's a morsel to try anyway.

--
Matt