Hi All,

Two problems/questions I have at the moment:

1. I use a laptop between home and work.  Static IP at home and a dhcp
connection to an ipcop firewall at home.  I'd like to be able to type
something like "ifup eth0-home" or "if-up eth0-work" rather than what I
do at the moment, which is to edit /etc/network/interfaces and restart
networking.  I have tried this in that file, but to no avail so far:

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
auto lo
auto eth0

iface lo inet loopback

# Mapping for different network locations

mapping eth0
    script /usr/local/sbin/dc_map_scheme.sh
    map HOME eth0-home
    map WORK eth0-work

iface eth0-home inet dhcp

iface eth0-work inet static
        address x.x.x.x
        netmask x.x.x.x
        network  x.x.x.x
        broadcast  x.x.x.x
        gateway  x.x.x.x

------------------------------------

My script does bugger all other than echo that it is trying to do
something - could that be the problem?  Simple I'm sure...

2. When I do change networks, I need to change my smarthost, otherwise
the uni mail server rejects stuff from my ISP.  I can change the config
files in /etc/exim4 and run the update-exim4.conf script, but is there
an easier way?

Thanks,

Denis

--
Denis Crowdy
Department of Contemporary Music Studies