On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, Edwin Humphries wrote:

> We've been using Dovecot (on FC2) for a while as our IMAP server. But
> now we need to evolve to sharing some folders.
>
> We need to share some folders with one set of users, others with
> another set of users (overlapping wit the first set), and keep some
> folders as private.
>
> How do we do this?

For it to work reliably and scalably I'd recommend setting up Cyrus-imapd.
It's a bit of a learning curve and you have to do some migration but it
really does offer sharing of a mailbox simultaneously among 2 or more
users. Took a bit of fiddling but I have a half migrated setup. That is I
have sendmail delivering to plain old mbox in /var/spool/mail (using local
pine clients) and on the same server delivering to some cyrus mailboxes. I
did this by creating an /etc/mail/mailertable entry for
cyrus.in.emusys.com.au and using /etc/aliases to redirect some mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My intention is to use imap folders to store emails related to orders for
EverythingLinux so that for a given order we can view all correspodence
that's via fax or email - we can chose to use an email client to view just
the email portion and I found squirrelmail suited to my task of browsing
folders.

--
** ROOM FOR RENT $120pw (neg) near Newington Shops 525/401 buses **