From: Luke Skywalker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 23 March 2005 8:20 AM
To: Phill
Cc: slug@slug.org.au
Subject: Re: FW: [SLUG] samba

Hi,
Are you using User/Share level security

I found that the problem for me was setting which ip addresses where
allowed access (in my subnet...) that was the major problem.
this is my host allow for a particular share:
I only want a few hosts to access...but you can define whole subnets too..

hosts allow = 127.0.0.1,192.168.1.45,192.168.0.45,192.168.1.123

i had share level security on it...but the security wasnt a problem,
because user level worked too fine (as long as a had matching
accounts/passwords)

Luke