On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 10:42:37AM +1000, Peter Rundle wrote:

> The colours on the video window display are all messed up I just get
> green & pink bars like some physco test pattern. :-( I can hear the
> sound track and see the static images properly however :-) Welcome to
> alpha software land... so I'm thinking "maybe not", at least for this
> version and my 'puter anyway.
Agreed there are things to be fixed.  Annodex highlights one of the
great things about open source for me though, and has me hooked trying
to write an app that makes it easier to mark up audio files.  The idea
of marking up different parts of audio represents something exciting for
me - musical examples for lectures and field recordings comes to mind.
In trying to code something (and I am a complete amateur at this) I've
managed to learn about xml, gstreamer, python bindings to C libraries
and so on.

I also know Conrad and Claudia so I'm biased, but that makes it fun too.

2c worth - probably should have moved it to chat.

Denis

--
Lecturer in Music
Department of Contemporary Music Studies