On Apr 6, 2005 11:29 AM, Rowling, Jill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for that! I see VMWare company is now part of EMC. Since I suspect we
> are going to be using an EMC SAN system, I think that will be OK.
> VMWare ESX seems to only support up to RHEL3 as a guest OS. By that I mean
> "officially support", in practice all sorts of things would probably work.

Yeah EMC owns VMWare (it surprised me too). I never really took much
notice. Only realised after I started with EMC that we had purchased
them sometime before I started.

In any case, our Sydney Lab uses several Dell servers running VMWare
ESX to run several virtual machines for lab testing and stuff. Works
great. I've been a big fan of VMWare from the earlier days, since it
just worked so well.