On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 05:35:50PM +1000, Chris Portman wrote:
> Does anyone have any solutions for connecting to an L2TP/IPSEC windows VPN

Blergh, Microsoft and their myriad useless VPN systems.  If L2TP is also
known as PPTP (I can't remember if they are or not), then you need a PPTP
client -- there's one in Debian called pptp-linux.  You'll also need a
relatively new pppd and a kernel patched to support MPPE in the ppp driver.
It looks like it isn't, though, since there's also an l2tpd package.

For IPSec, it should be enough to use a recent KAME or OpenSWAN.  I haven't
done it Linux client -> MS server, but I have done MS client -> Linux
server.

> server?  I cant seem to find a great deal on google.  And if I solve that,
> any terminal services clients that will also work with windows terminal
> services server?

As others have mentioned, rdesktop is your friend here.  It'll do TS to
anything you throw at it.

- Matt