<quote who="Del">

> A question from a friend -- since I don't really use or know much about
> PDAs but have been thinking about getting one, and thought I'd throw it
> to the list:
>
>    Does anyone have any advice they want to offer? I run Windows XP on
>    my desktop, but in fact the Windows CE OS of my PDA was the main thing
>    stopping me from giving Linux a whirl - the iPAQ model I have can
>    only sync with a Windows machine. What sort of PDA do I have to get
>    to be able to sync with Mozilla and OpenOffice and other organic free
>    range software on a Linux machine?

I'm not a Linux desktop user. I use a Palm PDA, and, in fact, due to my
use of Palm, I needed to get a windoze desktop (to be able to use certain
apps that I want to use). in fact, after some 10 years of being
windoze-free, Palm made me a (part time)windoze user. so, I just use
windoze to facilitate Palm use.
I think that's a similar quandry your friend will have.

--
Voytek