On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 10:05:12PM +1000, Angus Lees wrote:
> At Mon, 2 May 2005 15:57:46 +1000, Julio Cesar Ody wrote:
> > I tried to run a few GUI (X11) applications to run through my
> > webserver, but no success so far. They simply don't run, and no error
> > appear in any of my logs. Does anybody know how to do it?

> The x.org guys seem to have even updated the Xrx browser plugin to
> work with newer mozillas..

This reminds me, the vncserver program includes a small web server
that sends you a java client and puts an X11 desktop into your browser.
Vncserver exists in various incarnations but RedHat gives
you the http://www.realvnc.com/ version. Please note the lack of
security involved with this method, it does have password protection
but no encryption. I've used it to run stuff over an ADSL line and
it is livable, not fantastic.

If you actually decide you like vnc then there are native clients
for just about every platform that give better performance than the
java client, you might also think about an ssh tunnel.

        - Tel  ( http://bespoke.homelinux.net/ )