On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 22:17 +1000, Chris Deigan wrote:
> quote("Michael (Micksa) Slade");
> >- 1600x1200 display.  I've been spoiled.  I'd prefer something with ATI,
> >for decent 3D graphics, but it doesn't have to be the very latest radeon
> >or whatever.
>
> I'd just mention that from everyone I've heard, the nvidia propietry
> drivers really do kick arse. More than I think ati's open drivers seem
> to be (hurray for powerpc).

To be clear, ATI don't have any open drivers, neither do Nvidia.

There's the proprietary closed-source no-support-from-the-kernel-guys
drivers that give you access to your nice vertex shaders etc, and
there's the open source not-associated-with-ATI drivers that would love
to do that if only the vendors would give us the specs to the hardware
we paid for.

J.
--
Jan Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>