Grant Parnell - EverythingLinux wrote:
I'm trying to do some metrics on how long it takes to process an order in our system based on time between printing the picking slip and bagging the goods for dispatch. The aim is to determin the maximum performance if we were to have one guy do nothing but pick & pack orders.

<SNIP>

See what I mean, between 15:30 and 16:00 there were 9 orders started but
the average will be 12.4 minutes per order by the previous query when in
reality it's 9 orders in 30 minutes due to batching.

Or to put it into perspective, if you add up the packing minutes it's 1.7 times the actual elapsed time :-(

Anybody got any smart ideas for reporting purposes? I don't mind if performance sucks because I will do it on a replicated database.

Could you simply take the time between the first printed picking slip and the last docketdate, count the number of orders in between and average? This may or may not be as accurate as you would like....

Fil