> > Thanks, hundreds of people are, but what does that have to do with
> > Linux????????
>

> For your benefit:

--snip--

> Better?

Nice attempt.  Really.  :) :)

> Therefore, as a member of said community (slug), I decided to
> advise other community members to beware of this new attack
> especially as it is the first one I've seen that relates to a
> major Australian bank (perhaps I'm wrong there. If so I stand
> corrected.).

Sorry, I did overreact before the Monday coffee.  However, phishing emails are
rife and well known these days, even with Australian banks, and I still think
the post would have been more appropriate on -chat.  I hope we can agree to
disagree on that and move on.

> This email is not unlike other community-based informative
> emails on the SLUG list relating to attacks of various sorts
> and how to cope with them.
> There is extensive discussion on such and I would have
> thought that my email was a fairly inoffensive addition to that Kbase.

Fair enough, I was venting and shouldn't have directed it at you specifically,
I do apologise for that.  I don't like having to filter more and more O/T noise
out of the signal, and my effort to address it in another way didn't hit the
mark.

Thanks for CCing back to the list, so I get to explain myself publically.  I'll
be more careful of where I send private correspondence in future.

Cheers,
- Rog