Steve Kowalik wrote:

>On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 20:02:06 +1200, Adam Bogacki uttered
>

>>Sorry for the delayed reply,
>>
>>You were right about syslog. Two lines had been deleted in the 'action' part
>>of the default syslog.conf file. Problem solved.
>>
>>But ndtpd still won't install, output below.
>>

>But it's still the same problem. syslog-facility is still the command
>that fails. I've had a look at it, and it's a fairly simple Perl
>script that should only die in a few places ...
>
>Cheers,

Thanks. I've had a look at '/usr/sbin/syslog-facility' .. the only
modifiable part is the line

> my $conf_file = '/etc/syslog.conf';

I've unsuccessfully looked for a default version via Google, man page,
and text ["Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 Unleashed" (SAMS, 1999)] but without
something to
compare it with, I can't see the error.

Also, on checking the output line

> + syslog-facility set info /var/log/ndtpd.log

I find that /var/log/ndtpd.log is empty.

I think I'm missing something here.

Adam.