Hey guys,

We currently have an app which has a component which uses smtp to
process incoming messages into an mbox format and then uses pop3 to
retrieve these messages before firing them off to a different
component of the application. It deals with a high volume of messages
per second/minute.

As part of some ongoing changes and improvements to this application,
we're migrating from mbox to maildir, and at the same time looking to
replace the pop3 server that was being used. The app has been running
on an RH 7.3 box for quite sometime and was for some crazy reason
using the ipop3 service running out of xinetd.

The app is now being moved to a server running RHEL3, so I'm looking
for recommendations on a maildir compatible pop3 server. It doesn't
require any special features like bulletins or the like, but needs to
be lightweight, efficient and extremely reliable.

In the past in an ISP environment I've used qmail-pop3d, qpopper and
cucipop (for mbox) with varying success. I'd welcome some more current
day suggestions though if there is anything newer or more community
accepted.

Any recommendations/steer-clear-of's appreciated.

cheers,
Anth