On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 01:14:38PM +1000, Dean Hamstead wrote:
> Version numbers are a very 'windows' concept.
> linux rolls forth! as does debian. i dont concern myself with
> global version numbers.

It's not the version numbers that bind us. ;) It's having a whole slew
of packages available for easy maintenance. I can easily build from
tarball and grab packages from backports.org and so on but it does make
life easier to be able to just do a simple apt-get from the base and get
what you want that way (backports.org and suchlike come close to that).

--
    "To the extent that we overreact, we proffer the terrorists the
    greatest tribute."