Hi All

I have recently got a broadband connection with iprimus with an
external modem/router (Netcomm NB5).

I am running Ubuntu and have tried using some of the adsl
configuration tools (pppoeconfig and roaroing penguin) this was
unsucessfull (unable to find aggregator was the message - I think).

I got it working;

using DCHP the ethernet card gets a local  IP address from the modem
and I can ping outside IP adresses.

logging into the modem/router and noting the assigned DNS servers and
enter these in my resolve.conf file. I am able to get e-mail do web
browsing etc.

Is this a reasonable way to set it up? It seems too simple compared to
what I've read.  I assume the modem/router is doing all the
connecting.

I am concerned that this may be an insecure way to connect and I want
to automatically connect when the computer turns on.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Steven O'Reilly