I have just upgraded FC3 kernel from 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 to 2.6.11-1.27_FC3 and VMWare now doesn't want to run.

This is nothing unusual as I have to recompile the vmware modules with each upgrade of the kernel, and in the past it has never been a problem.

This time the compilation provides the message:

Unable to make a vmnet module that can be loaded in the running kernel:
insmod: error inserting '/tmp/vmware-config1/vmnet.o': -1 Unknown symbol in module There is probably a slight difference in the kernel configuration between the set of C header files you specified and your running kernel. You may want to
rebuild a kernel based on that directory, or specify another directory.

Unfortunately the VMWare web site is not very forthcoming.

Has anyone experienced this problem.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://lannet.com.au>
--
When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
When you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft.
--
Flatter government, not fatter government;
Get rid of the Australian states.
begin:vcard
fn:Howard Lowndes
n:Lowndes;Howard
org:LANNet Computing Associates
adr:;;PO Box 1174;Lavington;NSW;2641;Australia
email;internet:howard [AT] lowndes [DOT] name
tel;work:+61 (0)2 6040 0222 (access code 9, if prompted)
tel;fax:+61 (0)2 6040 0222
tel;cell:+61 (0)419 464 430
note:If you want to phone me, you will need to ensure that your phone presents Caller Line ID, or use access code 9 when prompted.
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.lannet.com.au
version:2.1
end:vcard