i have a big hard drive on my debian box where i store mainly software and a
few tunes. what i would like to do is create an index.html file for each
directory and subdirectory. What I don´t have is the scripting skills to do
this. I reckon theres probably a Perl script (I´d like to do it with Perl so
I can learn a bit about it) to do this somewhere out there already. Can
someone point me in the right direction or, even better donate some time to
holding my hand as I learn to do it myself (which might take a while as the
last time I did any programming was way back in the late 80s with Pascal and
Basic)   ;s