This setup has been running without problems
for the last 3 - 4 years until the upgrade.

I have been having trouble with ssh dropping the
connection ever since the server was upgraded to
Sarge last week. The upgrade went ok with no errors or warnings.

Two computers on an internal 192.168.xxx.xxx network not connected to the internet.

Normally the client machine(still woody) ssh's to
the server (upgraded to sarge) with key based
authentication and stays connected until the next
power failure.

Now since the upgrade every night the client
loses the connection and has to be re-connected
manually every morning.

The ssh config files seem to be identical (diff).
The only thing that has changed is the upgrade.
The client is still running woody and hasn't been
touched for a year or two.

A few days ago I was connected to the server with
two xterms at the same time and one dropped out
but the other remained connected?

So just wondering if any one else is having this
problem with Sarge?

I'll go through the logs later, and if anyone
has any ideas what to look out for?

In desperation I could always try telnet(yea I
know, boo hiss spit) to isolate
ssh from the likely candidates.

in sshd_config:
KeepAlive yes