James Purser wrote:

> Three things spring to mind, either the card reader itself is having
> troubles,

Nope, I have another CF card that the reader has no problems
with.

> The alternative is to check if the camera itself has a usb
> connection and see if the card will mount through that.

Thats a good idea. I hear that some cameras actually show up
as USB storage devices. Unfortunately my camera is not one of
them :-(.

> or the card simply needs to be reformatted.

I'm going to try that. I'm hoping that formatting does an absolute
minimum of actual writing to the card.

Cheers,
Erik