From: Dean Hamstead [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent: Fri, 12. August 2005 9:07 AM

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; slug@slug.org.au

Subject: Re: [SLUG] NT4 as a BDC to a Samba3 PDC

i dont know why it wouldnt work?

can you just migrate from samba3 to a 2k3 ad pdc?

Dean

Simon wrote:

Have been looking for this for a while now and believe the answer is

NO, however I can't find anything that specifically says this.

Does anybody know the definitive answer? Yes I have looked in the

FAQ's but they talk about SAMBA as a BDC for a Windows PDC.

We have a Samba3 domain that is to be migrated to W2003 - one option

was to install an NT4 server as a BDC and then promote it to a PDC and

upgrade the domain from there using normal windows utilities.

------------------------------------

OLMC

Simon Bryan

IT Manager

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

LMB 14

North Parramatta

Direct Number:88381200

SwitchBoard: 96833300

fax: 98901466

mobile: 0414238002

 _____

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed 155 Spam messages and set

aside 213 Later for me

You can use it too - and it's FREE! www.ellaforspam.com

_____
<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed 156 Spam messages and set aside
214 Later for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  www.ellaforspam.com