Hi Paul

Can you give us more detail about the error? The full text of the
error message would be ideal, as well as some more detail about what
you mean by "go online" - does this mean firing up a web browser?
running a pon script?

On 8/12/05, Paul Maloney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> My name is Paul and I am very new to Linux, My system is a Intel pent 4,
> 3 gh with a 120gb hd and I have allocated 30gb to Linux.
> I am running Mandrake 9.2 and love it, everything runs ok except my
> internet connection.
> When I try to go on line I get a Localhost error.
> can anyone help an old dumb fellow.
> Thanks, Paul
>
> --

There is nothing more worthy of contempt than a man who quotes himself
- Zhasper, 2005