On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 01:40:17PM +1000, Peter Rundle wrote:
> I'm trying to compile Qemu with the kqemu extensions but it's failing. I
> decided to just try and compile qemu without the kqmeu extension but it
> still fails with the same error. Kernel version is 2.6.11-1smp

qemu hasn't been ported to gcc4 yet. You'll have to install gcc 3.2
(in package compat-gcc-32) and then configure qemu with:

./configure --cc=gcc32

There is still another compilation error, which I haven't yet figured
out:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/qemu-0.7.1/ppc-user'
make: *** i386-softmmu: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: *** [all] Error 1

Appears to be a bug in the qemu's build system, since I get this on
Debian as well as Fedora.

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Dwerryhouse                                | PGP Key ID: 0x6B91B584