hi

I recently bought a CPU AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+, Dual-Core 2.0Ghz 1MB
Cache S939 cpu.

I was wondering which deb kernel package I shoudl be using to get smp
out of this.  I am using linux-image-2.6.12-1-k7-smp right now

but when I look at /proc/cpu I get this

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 43
model name      : AMD Hammer Family processor - Model Unknown
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 2009.547
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt
lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni lahf_lm
bogomips        : 3981.31

doesn't look there is 2 cpu's being used

should I be using the k8-smp packages, I tried this and ended up with a
64bit kernel

Thanks
Alex