Denis> Hi all, Have just set up adsl at home and all is working
Denis> nicely, except that my /etc/resolv.conf file is automatically
Denis> set every 5 minutes or so (wiping my ISP DNS settings).  Google
Denis> indicates that a change to dhclient.conf as follows should do
Denis> the trick:

Denis> supersede domain-name-servers my.dns.whatever

Or try this (if the automaticly set DNS entries are useful, but should
be used as last resort..)
In  /etc/dhclient.conf

prepend domain-name-servers 123.456.788.901;
prepend domain-name "my.isp.com.au";

(of course you need to use the real IP address of the DNS server, and
the real domain name)

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
The technical we do immediately,  the political takes *forever*