On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 11:38:57AM +1000, Mark Johnathan Greenaway wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 05:41:38PM +0200, Gottfried Szing wrote:
> > so, has someone a usb-audio device in use?
> > requirements:
> > - linux 2.4 support (because openwrt uses this version)
> > - headphone mini jack. i want to connect it to my amplifier
>
> I use an Edirol UA-20 audio/MIDI interface, and it just works. It has
> the features you're describing, but is probably overkill for your
> application. I thought you might appreciate hearing from someone who has
> worked with a USB audio interface, rather than just having read about
> them.
I have had similar "just works" experiences with a Roland Edirol UA-5,
and an Apogee Mini-me. Both usb-audio.  Getting them to work with jack
is a complete PITA, however, so if you do a lot of jack apps, I'd
recommend something else.  I have a working .asoundrc which works with
jack, but it is less than ideal.

Mark - does the UA-20 do sensible audio formats that jack likes?

Denis

--
Dr Denis Crowdy
Department of Contemporary Music Studies