On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 11:23:32 +1000, l cheung wrote:

> Is there a way to pipe my mail through a filter before/after procmail

There's no need to do it before or after procmail, you can pipe a
message through and filter at any point in your .procmailrc, like this:

    :0 fW
    | filter_program

See the procmailrc and procmailex man pages for more detail.

> or to rewrite the From header inside procmail?

Use formail as a filter.  For example, this will add a From header, but
only if there isn't one:

    :0 fW
    |  /usr/bin/formail -a 'From: xxxx'

You can also use formail to extract headers and put them into
environment variables for use with later procmail rules.  The procmailex
man page has an example of how to do this.

Cheers,

John
--
> Their license key generating software runs off FluxLM, and you caught
> them with the license server was up.  W00t!
nah.  They must have looked it up in a book, FlexLM servers are *never*
up.            -- Zebee Johnstone