Sluggers,

If one was to put an ISA serial expansion card into a box running a moden (2.6
kernel) Linux version. How would one go about getting the card accessible via a
/dev/ttySn device?

I've a need for more than 2 serial ports and I've added such a card, installed
Ubuntu then FC4 and neither appear to detect the card. With these modern
versions that detect everything outta the box I've forgotten what steps are
required, but so far I've poked around in /proc but still have no idea whether
the card is visible or not. I've attached a modem to the ports but can't see it
on /dev/ttyS2,3,4,5,6 though the other ports work via /dev/ttyS0,1 so I know the
modem is good and the on-board ports are ok.

Google returns a lot about compiling up a new version of the 2.2/4 kernel to
install the drivers but.....

I guess I need to modprobe something, the card doesn't give much away, the main
chip has "DIGI INTL JAPAN" on it and on the back a sticker says "PC/2e ISA".

Cluesticks

TIA's

Pete.